Coffee - Chocolate Chip Waffles Recipe
Thanks Jeannie for this one! Jeannie didn't provide a source for this recipe, so if anyone knows it, please let me know! Enjoy...this would be beyond divine for breakfast on a lazy Sunday morning.
2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 package quick-rising dry yeast
6 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup cold milk
1 cup hot strong, brewed coffee
3 large eggs
4 tablespoons melted butter or vegetable oil
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup mini chocolate chips
1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, yeast, sugar, and salt. Stir together.
2. Whisk together the milk, coffee, eggs, butter or vegetable oil, and vanilla. Stir into the dry
ingredient mixture, stirring just enough to blend.
3. Cover with plastic wrap and allow to sit in a warm place until doubled in size—about 45
minutes. Fold in chocolate chips.
4. Preheat the waffle iron according to manufacturer's instructions.
5. Spoon in enough of the batter to cover the iron. Bake until done and golden brown.