Coffee Brownies with Cream Cheese Frosting
From Christi, one of our recipe researchers
3 tablespoons instant coffee powder
185 g soft butter
150 g brown sugar
140 g flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
1 pinch salt
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla powder
200 g pecan nuts (chopped)
400 g cream cheese
4 tablespoons white sugar
butter, for the form
cocoa or chocolate sprinkles or chocolate, shaving to dust the icing
This Kaffeebrownie recipe comes from a German recipe book called Coffee
Shop. I make it often, though I substitute the pecans for walnuts and
prepare the cream cheese icing with powdered icing sugar (amount
according to taste) as opposed to white sugar. by sunny_day
time to make 1 hour 30 min prep
1. Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F).
2. Butter your form (20x30cm).
3. Stir instant coffee powder in a cup of hot water.
4. Cream butter and brown sugar together.
5. After this, stir in eggs and coffee.
6. In another bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, cocoa powder,
pecans, salt, vanilla and cinnamon.
7. Combine both moist and dry mix.
8. Stir together.
9. Put batter into greased form and spread so it is even throughout.
10. Place in oven for approx.
11. 20 minutes to bake.
12. After baking, allow brownie to cool.
13. With an electic mixer, mix cream cheese and white sugar together
14. Spread on cooled brownie.
15. Dust with cocoa or sprinkle with chocolate shavings.
16. Keep refrigerated when not served.