Friday, April 28, 2006

Starbucks Copycat Recipe: Frappuccino

Summertime is around the corner and temperatures are beginning to rise. And that means the temps on our coffees are going down, WAY down. ;) Enjoy this copycat Starbucks Frappuccino recipe for when you're craving one, but either don't want to shell out the money OR can't be bothered walking the twelve steps to the closest location.


Frappuccino
2 tbsp instant espresso powder
1/2 cup hot tap water
2 cup ice cubes
1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk *

Dissolve espresso powder in hot water. Allow to cool to room temperature. (The quickest way is to mix the ingredients in a small metal bowl and swirl.) Combine espresso mixture, sweetened condensed milk and ice in blender. Blend on high for one minute, until no visible chunks of ice are left. Serve with a spoon and a straw.
Makes 2 tall or 4 short drinks

* Note: Yes, you can use lower fat or even fat free sweetened condensed milk in this recipe to make it more calorie conscious.

4 comments:

Stacie said...

Christina, you must have read my mind with this recipe!!!!! these are my all time favorite summer coffee drinks, now I won't have to spend a fortune on them LMAO

You ROCK!!!!

HappySlob said...

Hey Stacie, you crazy girl you...lol I'm glad you found my coffee blog! :) Enjoy all those frappuccinos this summer - you and I will be on a permanent caffeine buzz now, huh? hehe

Christina

Ham said...

Christina - like the new look! I'm afraid to say that I am a single track coffee drinker - espresso x 3 is my normal tipple. No sugar.

I can just undestand how people like all these mucked around drinks, though. BTW, many years ago I resitered the domain "coffeedrinker.co.uk" but did nothing with it (now lapsed)

HappySlob said...

Hi Ham,

:) Nice to see you here again - thanks for dropping by to see the new and improved blog. Oh, you're a coffee bore, huh? LOL I go through phases of drinking the same kind over and over, and then I get all creative and crazy. hehe Now with writing this blog, I tend to get a lot more creative with all things coffee!

Christina